About Surat & South Gujarat
- Ranked 4th fastest growing city in the world.
- GDP rate at 11.5%.
- India’s 8th and Gujarat’s 2nd largest city with a population of 4.5 million.
- Among the highest income tax paying cities in Asia in the year 2010-11, Surat contributed Rs. 22000 Million to national exchequer.
- City with highest average annual household income.
- Has practically 0% unemployment.
- Crisil and ICRA have graded Surat at the top of the list as an urban civic body on the operating and financial efficiency.
- 3rd cleanest city of india-INTACH.
- Hazira Industrial Area about 15 kms. From the city has more than Rs.1300000 Million investment with the presence of corporate giants like RELIANCE, ONGC,
ESSAR, L & T, KRIBHCO, GAIL, SHELL, NIKO, NTPC, ABG Shipyard, IOCL, HPCL, BPCL etc.
- Surat was adjudge best in the following four areas and was awarded by The than Prime Minister Shri Manmohan Singh at the National conference of the JNURM in New Delhi.
- Best performing JNURM city
- Best Financial Management
- Best inclusive Pro-Poor Project
- Best implementation of Seven
- Surat is right on western express highway corridor between Mumbai- New Delhi. It is better accessible and is a faster distribution point to Northern India compared to Mumbai.
- South Gujarat has flourishing Industrial Estates at
- Vapi (Asia’s biggest Industrial
World’s Largest Diamond Cutting & Polishing Industry
- Major share in the world’s Diamond cutting and polishing.
- Highest workforce of the world diamond community is in Surat employing more than 1.5 million people.
- India’s total Diamond Export Accounts to 94675 crores (Apr 12 -Mar 13), and Surat is the major contributor in that.
- 3500-4000 Units Functional
- Contribution of Diamond Industry in the total Foreign Exchange of India is 14%
Country’s Biggest Man- made Textile Industry
- Over 6Lacs Looms consuming 2700 tons of yarn per day.
- Approximate 450 plus Processing House.
- More than 75000 Shops in Textile Markets.
- Over more than 40,000 wholesale Outlets.
- Producing 30 million meters cloth per day.
- 60% of the nation’s Man Made Fabrics are from Surat.
- Industry employee over 1.4 million people.
- Around 1,00,000 embroidery machines involved in value addition.
- In Surat Textile Industries Innovative Weavers as well Traders are expanding.
- Traditional Businesses like Diamond, Jari, Textile and Garments.
- Agriculture Exports of Fruits like mangoes, Sapodilla (Chikoo) etc.
- Floriculture, Aquaculture and Fishery
- Dyes, Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
- Electronic Components
- Gem & Jewellery Park
- Apparel Park
- Textile Park
- Surat SEZ is the first private SEZ in
- Surat is the only city in India which
has 3 SEZs’
- Indian Diamond Institute