Invaluable contribution of the Chamber by way of multifarious activities resulted in steady growth of membership. In the Golden Jubilee Year (1990), the membership was 2500 which has now reached upto 9000.
About 100 Associations of Trade, Professionals, Industry and Organization are affiliated with the Chamber. Thus, the Chamber is having an indirect membership of 60000 and is the premier body of trade and industry in South Gujarat region.
The Chamber is recognized by Government of India, Government of Gujarat and several Semi-Government bodies and is given representations on many Central and State Government Committees. The President and representatives of the Chamber actively participate in deliberations held by such committees and resolve the problems of trade and industry. Some of these Committees are listed below:
- Zonal Railway Users Consultative Committee (ZRUCC)
- Divisional Railway Consultative Committee (DRUCC)
- State Industrial Advisory Committee, Ahmedabad.
- State Ancillary Development Committee, Ahmedabad .
- Gujarat Kamdar Board
- Rozgar Nirman Committee
- Regional Employment Exchange Committee
- Gujarat Circle Postal Advisory Committee
- Telephone Advisory Committee
- Regional Sales Tax Advisory Committee
- Regional Income Tax Advisory Committee
- Central Excise Regional Advisory Committee
- Indextb Governing Body
- S. E. C. - Local Consultative Committee
- Local Port Advisory Committee
- University Employment & Information & Guidance Committee
- Income-Tax Regional Direct Taxes Advisory Committee
- Gujarat Electricity Board - Utran Circle
- Gandhi Labour Institute Committee, Ahmedabad.
- Minimum Wages Advisory Committee, Labour Commissioner, Ahmedabad.